Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Epiphany

I've recently had an epiphany. It took a while, several years if I actually think about it hard enough. Swirling around in my mind, sometimes forgotten, hiding behind stress, boredom and even depression.

It took a significant level of frustration and tears, medication and a great therapist, to help me actually speak the words. Once the words came out, there was no stopping it. It grew like a wild fire. It sparked. Just a little. It sparked some more. Tiny flames escaped and danced across my thoughts, skimming the top at first. But pretty soon I was ignited. No holding back. This was it.

It's really hard to explain how such a little decision or thought has changed my life, but it really has. The actual decision really comes down to relocation. I've decided to relocate myself (kids & dog included).

Phhft. Big Deal. Whooptie.

It's so much more than moving to a new city. Not because I've been here my entire life. Not because I had my first child at 22 (I was a baby myself!). It's about new beginnings. Downsizing. Experiences. Opportunity. Career. Kids. Living.

These are just words. It's everything behind them and within them that's so important.

So I chucked my stuff in a garage sale, I'm putting my house on the market, gave a lengthy notice at work and started a new job search.

The epiphany was not that I wanted to do it. But that I could do it.

No comments: