Sunday, May 1, 2011

Make a List - Moving

Listing of the different lists I made in preparation of garage sale/moving and de-cluttering my house:

1. Return to original owner - neighbors weedeater, friends formal for last year's ball, mom's dishes etc.
2. Sale on Craigslist - stuff too expensive for a garage sale i.e. more than $20
3. Give to a friend - stuff of mine my friends have admired and wanted to give them "parting gifts"
4. Spaces to visit - closets, rooms, drawers, nooks that I knew had stuff that needed to find a new home
5. Give to Baby Daddy - stuff that needed to be donated to the "Ex" i.e. gas grill, dishes
6. Stuff I can box now and store until moving - self explanatory
7. Keepsakes - stuff to be stored indefinitely in someone's attic so I don't have to move it. Need to locate the attic as well
8.Contributors - other people who could contribute to the garage sale and donate their money to me
9. Decisions, Decisions - stuff I needed to go through and decide how much they meant to me i.e. 3 years of Gourmet magazines, box of greeting cards I've received and kept
10. Shredding Stuff - old paperwork and files that need to be re-organized and minimized

No comments: